14 July 2009

Florida Heaven!




We are finally settled in the house! We have all of our stuff put away and there was only a little damage to our furniture! Its so nice to sleep in our own king size bed!

Kyle is the only person in his class with a 100 average. Even though I think this makes all of his classmates made, and makes his instructors a little harder on him, he loves it! His graduation date is Jan 20th and reservations at Casa de Kinard are fillin' up fast! :)

I am working again, and so far my new store is good. A LOT busier than my last one, so I am still getting used to having so much more volume! I am selling Scentsy too, so let me know if you need anything! My favorite scent so far is CamuCamu!

We got an awesome opportunity to go out boating with our friends Jay and Jenn. Jay was Kyle's roommate in Alabama, and Jenn is his wife. They invited us to go out to Crab Island with them. Crab Island is just off Destin, a popular resort town just across the bay, and it is a little sand bar that is about waist deep and it has a little hamburger stand and an ice cream stand. People go out there in their boats and just drink beer and eat hot dogs and hamburgers and hang out! Then we decided to go a little deeper in the water to see if the guys could catch some fish. They caught a few Remoras (see pic), which is a suckerfish, who attach themselves to big mammals. They are uuuuugly fish! They are not good for eating, so we threw them back. I got a little toasty warm on the boat, so I decided to jump into the water, and everyone freaked out and wanted me out of the open water, because apparently there are things that can bite you out there....scary! We say some dolphins out in the water, but turns out, dolphins are hard to get pictures of, so you can't see them in the pretty water!I had a few too many Mojito's with Jennifer and wasn't feeling too hot the next day, so that wasn't helping my picture taking abilities!

I've decided that I am going to go for a master's degree in Emergency and Disaster Management, all I need to do now is finish my last few classes for my bachelors and on to the masters it is! I am pretty excited!

We have a spare room and a couch for whoever wants to visit! I think my mom and family are going to come for Thanksgiving, so I am so excited to see them, but the weather is always nice here!! hint, hint!


No comments:

Post a Comment