11 June 2009

15 days and counting...

Day 15 in a hotel. I have officially lost my mind and it has been expensive. Sad thing is, we have about 7 more days here, and we have to pay for it without being reimbursed! rar. 

 I actually have something to do this weekend, I am going to help Jenn and Jay move into their house! I am actually looking forward to hauling boxes! Jenn has a margarita machine and I told her to keep it easily accessible, and I will just drink and move, drink and move. 

Monday I am off on a roadtrip to Alabama to get Kyle's truck. We have had some major issues with the whole truck fiasco! For those of you who don't know, we had Kyle's truck shipped to him in Alabama, the driver forgot to lower the top rack of the shipping truck, and hit an overpass with Kyle's truck. They delivered it in Alabama, to a body shop, and I must say the owner of the body shop has been the sweetest, nicest man I have ever dealt with, I just want to give him a big hug! Anyways, there was extensive damage to the truck, that has taken about 3 weeks to fix. The company who shipped it, Coast to Coast Auto Shipping has been AWFUL to us! I do not recommend them to ANYONE. They wont ship Kyle's truck to us here in Florida, so I am going to go get it! Its not like I have anything else to do, so I am going to go buy a book on CD and hit the open road, again. Sugar Free RedBull, book on CD and driving the beast....3 things I just can't live without. 

Creepy Crawler Sightings: 3. I was standing outside the lobby of our hotel, on the phone with Kyle, and I look down and there is a lizard, just chillin' in the hot sun. Depending on how well you know me, you know that I don't particularly care for amphibians or anything that slithers, or has more than 4 legs. So you can imagine the sight of me trying to put a safe 10 ft distance between me and the lizard at a running pace. The "light rain showers" in Florida is the like the heaviest rain you've ever seen in Idaho, or even California for that matter. After it rains, all the frogs make their way to the side walk. uuuugh!!

My new Starbucks store is 26 miles away from where we live. It's funny, the further away you move from the West coast, the more sparse Starbucks stores become, which might be why none of them are closing over in these parts. I am not sure that the drive will be worth the means, but we will see. At this point I am not willing to give it up, because I am so bored! 



No comments:

Post a Comment