08 June 2009

Ketchup, Mustard, and Mayo

Rar...didn't get a good start to monday! I went to the housing office to beg my "housing counselor" for mercy and let me move into something bigger than 150sq. feet. It didn't work. She actually told me it would be about 2 more weeks! aaaaah! I told her that we were rapidly approaching the 10 maximum that the army will pay for our hotel, and all I got was an unsympathetic look and "there are 15 people ahead of you m'am" So I guess I better hunker down, hold on and pray for daylight.... 
I managed a mission with the cats today so that the housekeeper would clean our very dirty room (they haven't cleaned it all week due to our illegal cat situation). Gotta smuggle them out to the car disguised as a bundle of dirty laundry, drive around base long enough for housekeeping to clean, and just short of me going crazy because everyone is just pissed that we are on the car and they are making as much noise as possible, then smuggle them back in disguised as clean, unfolded laundry. 

I am so bored I could cry. Having a load of laundry to do is literally the highlight of my day. I go and walk around the commissary and the BX (on base walmart-type store) and dream of the day when I can stock my on base house with things like ketchup, mustard and mayo. I would like my readers to remind me of this one day when I am bitching about being too busy, or hating work or when I am attempting to remove the mustard from my silk duvet cover, because Kyle can't seem to eat on the bed without spilling (he thinks its charming, I on the other hand do not) 

1 comment: